Did you see this recipe when I shared it on my Facebook page and Twitter feed a few weeks ago? Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers found a super-easy stir and pour bread recipe that has been such a blessing at my house. Dump, stir, pour, bake, and enjoy!
My family also loves those garlic cheddar biscuits you get at the restaurant named after a crimson crustacean. I’ve been making the biscuits for years because they are reasonably quick and so yummy. Today I had one of those amazing “What If?” moments. What if…Garlic Cheddar Stir and Pour Bread? Bread takes longer in the oven but the process would be easier and require less hands on time than the biscuits. Would it work?
YES! YES! YES!
If you like bread, and those crimson crustacean garlic cheese biscuits, and easy recipes that call for stuff you probably already have in the pantry and fridge, then this recipe will make your day. Maybe even your week. I won’t say it’ll make your month because, well…Christmas.
Please let me know if you try this yummy, wonderful, wow-what-smells-so-good bread and how it turns out for you.
Garlic Cheddar Stir and Pour Bread
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active rise yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup half and half (or milk, if that’s what you have)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups warm water
What to do:
- Dump all of the ingredients into a bowl and stir them up until they’re mixed. No need combine the yeast with warm water or knead the dough or any of that. Just dump and stir. The dough will be somewhere between a very stiff batter and a very soft dough.
- Cover the bowl and allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes. While you’re waiting, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into a well-greased (or buttered) loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. I consider it done when the loaf sounds hollow when thumped.
- Allow the bread to sit in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and cool before slicing.
And since you’re read this far, I have a favor to ask. If you’ll be doing any Christmas shopping (or whatever type of shopping) on Amazon, would you please use my affiliate link? It won’t cost you anything but it helps me cover the costs associated with keeping A Chat Over Coffee up and running.
The link is always available in my left side bar, so please come back whenever you’d like to shop at Amazon. Thank you so much for being a part of A Chat Over Coffee!
Do you like “flavored” breads or just a basic loaf? Have you ever eaten at that restaurant with the crimson crustacean on the sign?
I moderate comments manually but will get them posted as quickly as possible. Please keep your comments kind and if you must disagree please do so without being disagreeable. Rude or inappropriate comments will obviously not be published.