There used to be a blog called The Cheapskate Cook. I loved it. I read it faithfully. Steph had some of the best whole food recipes out there and they didn’t cost and arm and a leg. Her cookie dough dip is amazing!
Sadly, Steph decided to stop blogging. Since the blog no longer exists I can’t just link to The Cheapskate Cook, but she’s on Pinterest and you can follow her here or look for her recipes on my Pinterest boards. And because her blog no longer exists, I’ll share my version of her yummy and healthier-than-you-might-think cookie dough dip so you can enjoy it, too.
And yes, I’ve served this dip for supper. My son recently requested it and he went out and mowed the yard right after he ate. Now, I won’t guarantee that members of your family will line up to do yard work after enjoying this dip…but it’s worth a shot!
(Healthier) Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
Tweaked by AChatOverCoffee.com from Steph at The Cheapskate Cook’s recipe
- 1 ¾ cups cooked white beans (Great Northern or Garbanzo, canned or home cooked. I like home cooked.)
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (Steph used maple syrup or honey, which would be healthier. I’m cheap.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I use my homemade vanilla extract.)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (Steph says they’re optional. I say, “Are you kidding?!?” I use mini chips, and plenty of them.)
What to do:
- Dump everything except the chocolate chips into a food processor and run it on high until the dip is smooth and evenly combined. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a time or two to get everything mixed in.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or fruit. Or just grab a spoon and dig in. (Don’t tell your husband or kids about the beans until AFTER they’ve said how much they love it.)
- Store leftovers, if you have any, in the fridge.
Please comment if you tried the recipe and tell us how it went over with your family. Extra points if you get a picture of the reaction when you tell your husband or kids about the beans. Double points if they did yard work afterward!
I moderate comments manually but will get them posted as quickly as possible. Please keep your comments kind and if you must disagree please do so without being disagreeable. Rude or inappropriate comments will obviously not be published.